History


The Village Hall was constructed in 1934 on land sold to the Trustees by a local benefactor for £10.

The cost of the construction was met by public subscription mainly from the inhabitants of the village who also did a great deal of the actual work.

The adjoining playing fields were acquired in 1953 when a Social Club and Football Club were formed and in 1983 the Hall was extended to provide a Social Club area, again funded by local contributions.

The Village Hall was extensively refurbished in 2009 at a total cost of over £200,000 with grants and donations from:

The Big Lottery Fund
                                                     Gloucestershire Environmental Trust

The Summerfield Trust
                                                  The Garfield Weston Foundation

Friends of St Mary’s Church



Many local people made donations and supported fund raising events and whose financial support made the Village Hall improvements possible